Partners in a Proud TraditionSM
We’re a financial institution created in 1936 by the Los Angeles law enforcement family for the law enforcement family. Because we’re a credit union, not a bank, we have members, not customers—and our family includes law enforcement officers, civilians and their relatives. We’re owned by our members, not stockholders, so you’ll enjoy far greater returns from your membership, such as:
- Superior earnings on savings, Share Certificates and IRA accounts
- Exclusive low member rates on home loans, home equity loans, auto loans, personal loans and more
- A Member Benefits program* with exclusive savings opportunities, including dividend bonuses on savings accounts, discounts on loans, and fee waivers and rebates
- Insurance, investing** and financial planning services**
- Business accounts
- CUonVacation travel discount program
- Member education programs
- Will and Trust Services
We also provide you with many free or low-cost services:
- FREE service at thousands of ATMs and CO-OP℠ shared branches
- FREE online and mobile banking
- FREE credit counseling
- FREE FinanceWorks™ from Quicken
- Coinstar®, wire transfer services and more
- Low-cost American Express® Travelers Cheques
- This just scratches the surface of what we provide for our members. Join today and experience for yourself everything that we have to offer!
Who Can Join?
LAPFCU is proud to exclusively serve active and retired, sworn and civilian employees who work in the local police protection industry in Los Angeles County and their immediate families. Our goal is to become your financial partner for life by offering the best in products and services, backed by the most competitive rates. Membership requires a $5.00 deposit and is limited to the following individuals and their immediate family members:
Employees who work in the Law Enforcement Industry in Los Angeles County, meaning employees of:
- Sworn and civilian employees of Los Angeles County or Municipal Police or Sheriff’s Departments or Police Commissions in Los Angeles County;
- Employees of Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation, William H. Parker Foundation, or Los Angeles Police Foundation;
- Volunteers of the above listed municipal police or sheriff’s departments, commissions, or foundations;
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of LAPFCU; employees of the Credit Union; persons retired as retirees, pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate family* or household**; corporate or other legal entities in this charter; volunteers; and organizations of such persons.***
Once an immediate family member joins, then that person’s immediate family is eligible to join.
New Member Sign Up—Become a member today and receive great benefits
1Immediate family is defined as: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships. Once an immediate family members joins, then that person’s immediate family is eligible to join. 2Household member is defined as: Domestic partners and legal guardianship relationships. Once a household member joins, then that person’s immediate family is eligible to join. 3Organizations of such persons is defined as: An organization or organizations composed exclusively of persons who are in the field of membership of Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union.
*Member Benefits is available to all LAPFCU members in good standing who qualify. To be eligible, your Primary Share account requires a minimum balance of $5.00. Additionally, you will need to meet at least one of the following three qualification options: Maintain an active LAPFCU checking account that has a monthly Direct Deposit or ACH Credit Transfer of at least $250.00, receive e-Statements and perform four or more remote electronic activities monthly; OR maintain an active LAPFCU Visa® credit card account with at least four transactions posted per month, plus receive Visa e-Statements and e-Statements for your LAPFCU deposit accounts; OR have an existing LAPFCU First Trust Deed Mortgage with mortgage e-Statements and opt-in to automatic payments.
**Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the Credit Union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.