LAPFCU has recently replaced all member Visa credit cards and QuickDrawPlus MasterCard® debit cards with new, EMV-chip enabled cards. The new cards provide members with added protection for in-store purchases and offer greater worldwide acceptance.
EMV (Europay Mastercard® Visa) chip cards are equipped with a microprocessor that generates a unique, secure transaction code when you make a purchase from a merchant using a compatible terminal. This makes it much harder for thieves to hack into your credit or debit card. The new cards will also have a magnetic stripe, so you can conduct transactions at ATMs or with merchants that don’t yet have EMV equipment.
SECURITY UPDATE: As a preventive measure, LAPFCU may occasionally place temporary restrictions on transactions related to certain merchants, dollar amounts, or geographic regions associated with incidents of fraud. While these temporary restrictions can cause some inconvenience, we do appreciate your patience and understanding that these restrictions are put in place for your own protection, because securing your personal information and preventing fraud are among our highest priorities.
If you received a new EMV-chip enabled credit or debit card from LAPFCU in the mail, it is important that you activate it immediately. Please test your new card before destroying your old one. Also, to avoid rejected payments, you should update the card expiration date you have on file with any merchants who receive automatic payments from your card.
Important information about your new QuickDrawPlus MasterCard Debit Card:
- Your PIN number remains unchanged from your previous card.
- When activating your new card, please use the last 4 digits of the primary cardholder’s social security number.
- Update the card expiration date you have on file with any merchants who receive automatic payments from your card.
- Some retailers only allow PIN-based debit card transactions. Members who participate in the Scorecard Rewards program will not be able to use their debit card to earn Total Rewards points from these retailers.
- Be sure to remove your old card from Apple Pay and add your new QuickDrawPlus MasterCard® Debit Card to your Wallet. Learn how here.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.